I’ve had so many people ask for this one so here ya go!! If you are not vegan you can always just use regular eggs instead of flax eggs.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
3 Flax eggs for coating***
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
Oil for frying (whatever you would usually use for frying)
1. Begin by making the flax egg. Divided into two bowls. Recipe below.
2. In a medium-sized bowl with a lid combine all dry ingredients. Place half of this mixture in another medium size bowl
*The second half of the flour mixture is to gradually add when the first half starts to thicken when coating cauliflower.
3. Heat the oil for frying
4. Coat cauliflower in HALF of the flax egg
5. In batches begin by taking enough for one batch and drop into 1st half of flour mixture (shake to coat)
6. Take them out of the flour mixture and add them into the second half of flax egg to coat
7. Drop them back into the flour mixture (shake to coat) Yep we are double dipping!!!
8. Carefully put the cauliflower into the hot oil. Cook until the pieces are golden brown. Turning if needed.
9. Transfer fried cauliflower to a paper towel lined cookie sheet to absorb oil sprinkle with salt.
Repeat to cook the remaining cauliflower.
For Cauliflower “Wings” Toss in your favorite wing sauce. I prefer to make my own!
Seasoning Tip…Taste your flour…YES! Taste your flour to see if it is seasoned to your taste!
**Flax Egg Recipe
Ingredients for ONE egg (you need 3 for this recipe)
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
2 1/2 Tbsp warm water
Combine flaxseed meal and water to a bowl and stir.
Let it sit to thicken for about 5 minutes