So I was vegan for a good four months and while I was on this vegan journey I really enjoyed finding new recipes and of course recreating them and making them my own.
This chowder was by far one of the best that I made and I still make it this same way even though I started eating meat again. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
2 tbls olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
2 tbls all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
3-4 cups vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk
1 can coconut cream
1/2 cup of celery, chopped
1 cup of carrots, chopped
1 pound white or red potatoes, cut into cubes
1. Set a medium pot over low heat. Add the olive oil the onion, celery & carrots. Saute’ until tender.
2. Increase the heat to medium-low and add the flour, paprika, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir constantly, for about 3 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth and scrape up all the good stuff off of the bottom of the pot.
4. Add coconut milk, coconut cream, potatoes, and thyme.
5. Increase heat & bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender.
6. Remove from heat. Add in the corn.
7. Put half of the soup to a blender. Puree and add back to the soup.
8. Return pot to low heat and heat the soup back up. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
I like to add more corn when I heat the soup back up!
Make sure you take pictures and tag @LuvNTheKitchen on IG when you make it! Let me know if you switched anything up in the recipe, cause I know I’m good for altering a recipe! I hope y’all enjoy!